shallowness: Fred and Ginger dancing in foregroud, him in tails, her in a dark gown, background a white circle (moon or spotlight) (Fred and Ginger dancing)
[personal profile] shallowness
I've dipped in and out of ITT, though will note I'm glad to see Ellie Taylor wearing a variety of styles.

As for the show proper, I started watching it late, because I didn’t expect it to start so early, and was worried I’d lose the chance to vote, but didn’t. Emma was in a mostly grey oversized suit, with an excellent lipstick, Josh was in a kinda navy suit, and Johannes thought he could pull off nearly purple trousers with an asymmetric orange top in satin. Motsi went for a minidress, but Shirley’s choice of arm ruffs was better given how much time they spend behind the judges’ table. When the couples were introduced, Aljiaz’s 70s wig and ‘tache suggested he’d hacked off the hair department, and Delta’s fringed leg warmers demanded further investigation/gawping.

Opening things up: Lacey and Vito’s samba (loved her red dress). She continues to be better than she thinks she is, and I really like them. What was Vito doing with the fan, like, where did it come from and where did it go? Mostly positive comments with some concrit from the judges.

Will and Dianne followed with a waltz, with him in something sane and Dianne in a gorgeous velvet gown. He was better than I and the judges expected, with proper rise and fall.

Shaun and Alexis followed with a quickstep, his first ballroom dance. Um, I liked his shoes. The first third didn’t feel quicksteppy enough, and when they got into hold, there was gapping (the judges confirmed all this with their comments.) Shirley joined Craig in reaching for the 3 paddle.

Cach and Maddie were doing couples choice – a fusion of styles, apparently. I thought the routine got better the longer it went on, and I did shout ‘Face,’ because he forgot about that, certainly at the start. Every second had got choreographed to an inch of its life. Maddie looked better, The judges were more muted than they’d hoped for, but he did, of course, get his highest score yet.

Jamie and Carlos were given a Viennese Waltz (when I learned this and to what song, I thought she could do with a softer dance. Still do.) It was full of rotation, though. The judges liked it enough to all give her a 7 for their highest score yet. The producers decided to give her a ‘Your dad loves you’ video message after she’d been through the first dance-off.

Melanie and Aljiaz were doing a Charleston, and the VT was open about getting a choreographer in. Turned out to be a ‘Blind Date’ themed routine, though Aljiaz and the other guys were referencing the 70s, while Melanie’s outfit referenced the 60s. I chortled throughout, but some of that was simply because they were doing it to a jazzy mash-up of ‘Ooh, Ah,’ and ‘Saturday Night.’ Her face throughout was better than Cach’s! The rest of it wasn’t, but as Motsi said, she didn’t go wrong, but it was a very polite Charleston.

Sarah and Julian (and lots of his bare chest) were doing a paso. I was very thrown that it was to ‘California Dreaming’, even if they’d arranged it differently. Um, she was clearly trying. The judges’ comments were…confusing.

Next up, Delta and Kai were performing a disco salsa and it was FUN! She really owns her space and presents what she’s doing with such aplomb. Quality stuff. Kai is happy (I’d be happier if he dialled the fake tan down a little.) Mosti went early on the 9 paddle.

Lawrence and Jowita had the first rumba, and a malerumba no less. (Particularly rough because the only Latin he’s done has been the paso.) The height difference meant that her head was resting on his pecs at one point, so I wasn’t entirely drawn in. I thought he was trying, but she looked like she was overdoing it next to him. Shirley really hated the ‘lack of rumba’, but Jowita was thrilled at Craig’s 5.

Dani and Nikita performed a tango, and I thought it was decent with flashes of good stuff. She’s still promising. The scores reflected as much.

Graeme and Lauren performed a jive, wherein he was a milkman. I do like his style, idiosyncrasies and all. The judges called it a swing jive, and for all his negative comments, Anton gave it a 7 regardless.

John and Katya had a cha cha, his first Latin, and it was better than I expected. There was some swagger, he was very light footed and Katya threw in some flourishes. The judges liked it less – they’ll be desperate to get another ballroom.

Bethany and Nancy performed an American Smooth, and I liked that they had complementary dresses in copacetic hues, but slightly different styles. Bethany was very elegant, perhaps she needed more dynamism.

Closing it out with the first Argentine Tango: Tabby and Mark. For week 3, that was STUPENDOUS. Gloriously intense, her moves were so sharp, it was all rather sexy. (And well done, Mark, because he can’t have done many Argentine tangos either.) Great last dance.

The presenters were stuck in the same positions. Johannes leaned into his dancing background more, and even did some dancing. Do you know what, Josh? You leaned into the grumpy Anton joke a bit too much.

I voted twice for Tabby and Mark, once for Delta and Kai, and once for Lacey and Vito, so I only voted four times, not five.

Profile

shallowness: Kira in civvies looking straight ahead (Default)
shallowness

October 2026

S M T W T F S
    1 23
4 5678 910
11 12 1314151617
18 19202122 23 24
25262728293031

Most Popular Tags

Style Credit

Expand Cut Tags

No cut tags
Page generated Oct. 25th, 2026 01:58 pm
Powered by Dreamwidth Studios